I love happy surprises, don’t you?
This week one day, I was checking my email and I received a message from Shawnna at Small Talk Mama, telling me that she had nominated my blog for the Liebster Award!
This is such a sweet and special honor (especially considering how cool her blog is!) and I am extremely grateful for her kindness.
The Liebster Blog Award origins are somewhat unclear but the general consensus is that it originated in Germany, Liebster meaning favorite or dearest, to showcase bloggers with fewer than 200 followers. Upon accepting the award the recipient must then pass it on to at least five blogs dear to them.
In accepting the nomination for this award, and in an effort to pay the kindness forward…
My Nominees for this award are:
Congratulations! You are under no obligation to accept, but I hope you will.
So there are a few rules that apply when accepting this award, and they are as follows:
Create a post containing the following information:
- Link back to the blog that nominated you.
- Nominate 5-11 new blogs who have 200 or fewer followers (This is harder than it sounds and can sometimes be difficult to determine, but give it your best shot).
- Answer the questions posted for you by your nominator.
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Create 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Contact your nominees and let them know that you have nominated them.
Questions for Me to Answer:
1. Where is your favorite place to curl up with a book?
My bed. I read every night before I drift off to sleep. It’s truly the only time I have to read during the day but I look forward to it every night.
2. If you could go to lunch with three famous people, who would they be?
3. What is your favorite restaurant?
Any of the Max Restaurants fall to the top of my list. Great food, great service, great experience every time. (I think they are only in Connecticut & Massachusetts)
4. What is your favorite vacation destination?
I would have to say Cape Cod, MA if I had to choose just one, but there are many places I have enjoyed visiting and/or would love to visit.
5. What is one thing you would change about your home?
My backyard. My yard is so ugly. I sit on my deck sometimes and fantasize about landscapers showing up out of nowhere like elves and turning into a beautiful outdoor space that we could really enjoy (like those guys on HGTV)…
6. Do you ever wish you had more children?
Not really, no. I love that I can give all of my attention, energy, focus and love to my one sweet boy.
7. Do you secretly enjoy house cleaning?
I have to say I do. I wish I had one entire day each week that I could devote just to house cleaning because I know it would help to make my life feel more balanced. To me, there is nothing more satisfying than a completely clean and organized home.
8. What is the best zoo you have ever visited?
I really love the Roger Williams Park Zoo in Providence, RI…they have an adorable ant eater and a really cool giraffe & elephant exhibit.
9. What is the first thing you would do if you won the lottery?
Go on vacation and think about how to split it with everyone I love.
10. What is the strangest pet you have ever owned?
I’ve had lots of pets but none of them were ever really strange. The most exotic would have to have been my guinea pigs when I was in college…they were so cute.
11. What is the best thing about your spouse/significant other?
One of my favorite things about my husband, and one of the best things, is that he’s always learning. I love to see him excited and hear him talk about about something he’s learning, it makes me happy.
Eleven Random Facts About Me
- My favorite color is orange.
- I don’t like to be barefoot.
- I rarely go anywhere without my camera.
- My favorite movie of all time is Pride & Prejudice (with Kiera Knightly).
- The first time I took my driver’s exam, I failed the written part.
- I love warm cinnamon apple crisp with vanilla ice cream.
- I am completely addicted to Downton Abbey and Swedish Fish.
- I would like to take violin lessons someday.
- I often wonder how we ever managed before Google. I Google everything. It’s completely ridiculous.
- I broke my left wrist roller skating the day before my 12th birthday.
- My dreams include a house by the beach.
Questions for my Nominees to Answer:
1. Why do you blog?
2. What is your favorite TV show?
3. What do you normally eat for breakfast?
4. What is a chronic pet peeve of yours?
5. What is your favorite thing to do on a rainy day?
6. What was the last great book you read?
7. Are you an early bird or a night owl?
8. What inspires your creativity?
9. If you won a trip to any one destination in the world, where would you choose to visit?
10. As a relatively new blogger, what is your favorite resource for learning about blogging?
11. What aspect of blogging do you find most challenging?
Congratulations to the nominees! Please check out their wonderful blogs as well as Small Talk Mama, and leave them a comment… you may find a new inspiration resource out of their thoughtful and creative posts.